When you decide to buy a baby swing, you first need to come to various baby sites such as the Baby Insider to search for buying guide and reviews about best baby swings. There are a lot of things you need to consider when you buy this specific type of product. When you can finally get home with a baby swing that you like the most, it is very important that you need to know how to use it safely and properly.
In fact, there are many things that you should do and should not do with this baby gear. Remember them and follow them properly will ensure the safety and well-being of your baby.
First, here is the list of what you should do
- The first thing you need to do is reading the manual books and the manufacturer’s instructions carefully for all safety tips. When you assemble the baby swing, you need to follow the guide on the book step by step as well. You should spend a lot of time, properly around 30 minutes to make sure the baby swing is set up properly and there is no loose part.
- You should always use the safety harness what comes along in the same package with the baby swing to prevent your baby from climbing and falling onto the ground.
- When you first use the baby swing, start with the lowest setting to check if your baby likes it or not. Don’t go for a higher or the highest setting is your baby is still very young.
- You should remember the height and weight limit of the baby swing and stop using the product when your baby exceeds the limit. In addition, when your baby can climb over the baby swing although you have attached the harness, you should get rid of the product as well.
- Moreover, you should watch out for other children when they play near the baby swing. Make sure that the movement of the baby swing will not hurt them. You should also take an eye on them and don’t let them play or push the baby swing when your baby is inside it.
- Even for a long time after you buy this product, you should look out for recall of this product. You can look for the information online or sign up through the manufacture’s website.
And secondly, you should remember not to do these following things
- Although the baby swing is created to give you extra time on household tasks and other activities, you should not leave your baby unattended when he is playing and remember to check him frequently when he is taking a nap.
- A baby swing with its 2 narrow sides is considered a potential for suffocation; therefore, you should not let your baby sleep in it. If he only takes naps, it is fine. However, if he is going to take a long sleep, you should bring him back to his bed or crib.
- Don’t let your baby sit inside the baby swing for a long time a day as his head is so soft it might become flat when he spends a long time sitting inside the baby swing. The recommended amount of time is 2 hours.
- When one part of the baby swing is broken, you should not continue to use it.
- You should not place your baby swing in a soft and uneven surface which may make the baby swing easier to fall over. Furthermore, you should not place your baby swing near somewhere which is hot such as near the radiator and the fireplace, which may make your baby feel hot.
- In addition, you should not place the baby swing near the window blinds with cords as it is the potential source of strangulation.
I hope that my guide can provide the most understandable and useful tips on safety cautions. When it comes to using baby gear, including baby stroller, baby swing and pack and play, it is never an unnecessary thing to do in term of safety for your baby and you should always keep in mind these safety steps.
Thank you for reading my guest article. I’m Sandra Azar, from BabyInsider.Net – A baby expert blog for new parents.